Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The security world never ceases to amaze me. A few years ago, a few friends of mine would run around security conferences and drunkenly yell "fuzz tester ! fuzz tester !" at people that, well, fuzzed. I found this really hilarious.

What I find amazing though is that fuzzers are now being seriously discussed in whitepapers and even called "artificial intelligence". Folks, can we please NOT do the time warp again ? And can we please start writing about something new ?

On a side note: Since I am a bit of a language nerd, I can't fail to notice that "artificial intelligence" takes a semantically cool twist when mentioned in the same sentence as "yellowcake from africa".

PS: This post is a rant about people that write about fuzzing as a new threat, not about people that write and use fuzzers. Just to clarify :)

No comments: